RELEASE: 3-16-2020 11:00am
Fairfield Parks and Recreation
Roosevelt Rec Center, Cambridge SportsPlex, and Aquatic Center
Patrons and community members, we’d like to thank you for staying tuned and keeping up on your health activities during this uncertain time. We are, as of right now, still open. However, the following changes are in effect immediately, and until further notice:
- All group activities are cancelled. This includes ALL:
- Fitness classes
- Parks and Recreation events until further notice
- Pick-up games such as basketball or volleyball or other group activities
- The after-school programs are canceled until further notice, and we ask that you do NOT bring children here, especially unsupervised, if at all avoidable. We will not have any youth equipment or playrooms/toys available.
- Tiny Tykes and the free indoor playroom for kids are both canceled and unavailable until further notice. We strongly encourage caretakers and parents to keep children at home.
- All manual equipment for pool use has been put away until further notice. If you choose to use the pool, you may bring your own equipment but we ask that you sanitize it prior to and following use.
- All small game equipment (balls, racquets, masks, etc.) that we normally allow patrons to use will not be available for use. You may bring your own small equipment to use, but are required to disinfect it before and after use.
- MEMBERS: If you have a current membership and would like to choose to suspend/pause that membership, you may call us and speak with Jody or Erin between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
- ALL PATRONS will be required to disinfect ALL contact points on any and all equipment that they use. Please keep in mind that gloves DO NOT prevent spread. Please see the attached CDC disinfection procedures to learn about how to protect yourself and others.
- We require that anyone with any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus stay home and away from this public facility. We also ask that members of especially threatened demographic groups consider staying home for their safety.
- All trainers who choose to continue seeing clients will be required to ask clients to stay home if they have symptoms or interact with someone who has symptoms. Trainers will also be required to clean equipment before and after their client uses it, and before anyone else uses it.
Disinfection procedures for visitors to our facility, per CDC guidelines, are as follows:
- All surfaces must be sanitized thoroughly and allowed to air-dry after being touched, even by someone with no symptoms. We encourage sanitizing before AND after you use any equipment. We have wipes available for this use, and hand sanitizer available.
- Gloves are allowed, but do not limit spread unless they’re changed between each object touched, every time it’s touched. Hand washing frequently and after touching any questionable surfaces is more effective.
- If you have symptoms or are in contact with someone who has symptoms, you are required to refrain from visiting public facilities and asked to stay home.
For more information about recommendations for disinfection procedures and when/how to quarantine or avoid public spaces, please visit:
IF YOU ARE SICK: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
We thank you for supporting us in our efforts to avoid the further spread of this disease. We want to do our part to minimize the effects and suffering that this virus will have on our community, on medical resources, and on a larger scale.
Follow our Facebook page for updates! https://www.facebook.com/CityofFairfieldParksandRecreation/