City Forms & Info Sheets

General Permit Information

An overview of the kinds of permits available from the City as well as fees for applications, data, and maps

Agenda Request

Form to address the City Council

Building / Zoning / Demo Permit

Any additions, garages, decks, pergolas, porches, fences, accessory building, solar panels/arrays, portable sheds, gazebos, etc., or any demolishing of the previously listed.

Board of Adjustment

To appeal a decision of the Zoning Administrator by requesting a special use permit, variance, exception, and / or interpretation to sections of the zoning ordinance.  Review Schedule.

Bed & Breakfast, Boardinghouses, Rooming Houses & Short-Term Rentals

Lodging houses are permitted in R-2 and R-3 residential districts and B-1 General Business district (not on the main floor) when authorized by the Board of Adjustment.

Cigarette Permit

Dog License

Film / Photo / Video Shoot

An application must be applied for any Film / Photo / Video Shoot.

Home Occupation

An occupational profession run by the occupant of the dwelling unit as a secondary use to the dwelling in which it is located.

Liquor & Beer License

Local Option Sales Tax

The City accepts Local Option Sales Tax Community Betterment Projects Applications from December 1st through January 13th.

Mobile Home Permit

Nuisance Complaints / Extensions

To register a nuisance complaint, please provide complete form below; missing information could result in the inability to confirm the existence of a violation. If you have received a complaint, you may file for an extension.

Outdoor Dining

Specific parameters in which a restaurant or café located in Fairfield’s Central Business District may serve food and alcoholic beverages outside of their establishment

Peddler, Solicitor & Transient Merchants

To sell goods in the City of Fairfield

Planning & Zoning Commission

The Commission acts in matters pertaining to the development of City planning.  Review Schedule.

Rental Housing

All rental housing must be registered at City Hall.

Excavation / Right-Of-Way Permit

To promote public safety, the City has established a permitting process and regulations for blocking streets/alleys, sidewalks, and other public property.

Sewer Connections

Sign Permits

Tree / Shrub / Plants / Flowers

Certain regulations pertain to any planting made in the City Right-of-Way.

Water Taps

For fees, please contact City Hall.